Retaining and growing volumes means building a strong ambulatory strategy now
Procedures shifting from the hospital inpatient setting to the outpatient setting over the past several years is a trend that is accelerated and escalating. One initial impetus was payer dynamics and that is now coupled with increased pandemic safety concerns.
Many of the shifting procedures are critical to hospital margins — and these seemingly small shifts will have major effects on health system profitability. Preparing your strategy is critical to capture the ambulatory shift.
Procedure growth favors ambulatory surgery centers
Over the next decade, procedure volumes in outpatient settings will rise, while inpatient volume remains flat, according to forecasts from Sg2®, a Vizient®company specializing in healthcare intelligence and market analytics.*
Drive change with the right analytics, technology and expertise
Ambulatory or outpatient care is increasingly becoming a strategy for addressing challenges and shaping the future of health care. Business-savvy hospitals and physician groups looking toward the future are implementing solutions that measure, monitor and drive clinical and financial performance in ambulatory care settings. Developing such solutions requires:
- Robust, transparent data that can demonstrate the impact of efforts to improve quality, utilization and cost across the continuum of care
- Comparative benchmarking to measure and manage clinical activity, monitor coding compliance, maximize charge capture, track visit mix and optimize practice yield
- Analytics capabilities to provide an enhanced view of denials, collections, undercharges and revenue opportunities
- Collaborative intelligence, including peer networking and sharing of leading practices
Vizient offers industry-leading data and analytics as well as resources, tools, and educational and networking opportunities that can help you identify possible issues and develop solutions to make your ambulatory care facilities the best they can be.
* Procedure sites of the future transitions and growth across HOPDs, ASCs. Sg2. 2019.
Building a robust system of care that competes on quality and cost
To drive change and position your organization for success, it’s essential to have a strategy to help gain a competitive advantage as well as transform margins, innovate clinical and financial performance and maximize efficiency.
Read our white paper on how organizations can stay relevant in the face of added competition and an evolving payer mix.Download the white paper
Ambulatory care solutions
Gain spend visibility and scale across your organization with our supply chain solutions for non-acute care providers.
Powerful analytics tools, peer collaboration and analytic services to help academic medical centers drive clinical and financial performance.
Sg2 Solutions enable the country's leading health care providers to make better decisions, faster.