Data analytics and informatics are the backbone of everything we do at Vizient. Our pharmacy analytics team continually pushes the envelope to provide our members meaningful and actionable data and insights to support their efforts to drive cost-effective care and improve clinical outcomes.
Visiting residents (the ‘guest resident’) completing this elective learning experience have the opportunity to gain a broader understanding of Vizient and how Vizient impacts members across the country. The elective experience is focused on analytics, informatics and supply chain leadership, and is provided over a typical timeframe of 3 to 4 weeks. Throughout the experience, the guest resident will interact with Vizient senior leadership and become a valued member of the Vizient Pharmacy Solutions team.
This approximately four-week rotation will give the resident the opportunity to:
- Gain a broader understanding of Vizient
- Understand how Vizient impacts members nationally
- Interact with Vizient senior leadership
- Become a valued member of the Vizient Pharmacy Solutions team
Feedback and evaluations will be entered into the resident’s home program PharmAcademic™ and/or any method preferred by the home program.
Live and virtual experiences
Due to local and institution specific restrictions resulting from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are continuing to provide this experience virtually. When the timing is right, the option to complete the experience in our live office environment at our Irving, Texas headquarters may be offered.
Housing (if applicable)
- Room and board are the responsibility of the resident and/or home residency program
- Vizient’s Pharmacy Solutions team will assist with locating housing options around our office and we strongly encourage arrangements be determined by residents as early as possible
- Inbound/outbound and daily commute – resident’s responsibility
- Any experience related travel – covered by Vizient
When applying, be prepared to provide the following application information and materials in our electronic application.
PGY2 Program and Residency Program Director (RPD) contact information
- Information will be used to contact the designated RPD for approval via a form that will be sent automatically after completion of the resident’s application
- Applications are not considered complete until the RPD approval form is received by our team
- Applicants will be notified once approval form is received
PDF copies of the following:
- Personal statement/Letter of Intent
- Most up-to-date CV/resume
Be able to answer the following questions in 250 words or less:
- How does this elective rotation align with your career interests?
- What skills do you hope to gain from completing this rotation?
Please direct all questions or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bryan Shaw, PharmD, Director, Pharmacy Analytics and Informatics
Bryan, our residency program director, is an informatics-trained pharmacist who oversees the pharmacy analytics and informatics team and supervises all student training experiences. Before joining Vizient as our first PGY2 pharmacy informatics resident, he completed a nontraditional PGY1 pharmacy residency at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, and has also held various leadership roles within the field of pharmacy informatics. Additionally, he has continued to advocate for the advancement of pharmacy practice through ASHP and local organizations. He received his doctorate in pharmacy (PharmD) degree from Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska.
Learn more about our current preceptors by downloading a full list.
Connect with us to learn more about the guest resident rotation program.