Supply assurance: working to ensure there's no shortage of it
In today's global market, we want to give providers confidence that critical supplies and essential medications are accessible when needed in delivering high-quality patient care. It's supply assurance, and it's part of our long-standing core business.
Our wealth of experience, actionable data and predictive planning helps to strengthen supply assurance. Further, our work with stakeholders focuses on improving supply chain risk mitigation as we collaborate to enhance data, increase supply visibility and expand inventory access.
Four themes keep us centered and are the pillars of our supply chain assurance efforts: insights, access, enablement and advocacy. Learn more about our supply assurance strategy
Supply assurance expert insights and news
How we can help improve your access to essential medications and critical supplies
Improving care with additional essential product access
Novaplus Enhanced Supply delivers access to additional inventory of essential medications and products. Our awarded suppliers produce additional supply to mitigate supply chain risk.
Shortages and shutdowns seem inevitable. We offer disaster preparedness solutions to help you prepare for response before and during events, and recover and stabilize operations after events.Learn more
Connecting industry leaders to end drug shortages
The End Drug Shortage Alliance is a collaboration of select health systems, leaders in supply chain and other industry stakeholders dedicated to solving pharmaceutical supply challenges.Learn more
Vizient pharmacy program participants have exclusive access to additional pharmacy resources and information.
Stay current on market changes, understand supply access and cost impacts with these supply chain assurance resources and information. Do you need supply chain support? Contact us.
Supply chain resources
- Supply update executive summary (June 2022) – a monthly summary of all
supply chain disruptors including current market challenges, category-specific
product updates and recovering markets.
- Budget Impact Projections report - Included in this semiannual report are Vizient's price change projections on medical supplies, equipment and purchased services. In addition, it contains detailed trends and forecasts on more than 30 raw materials and indexes.
- Material manufacturing briefs - As a complement to the Budget Impact Projections report, Vizient brings together market news and expert insights in Manufacturing Insights Briefs. These timely documents inform you about raw materials and other factors and conditions that are currently affecting the supply chain.
Vizient strategic programs
Vizient delivers unmatched savings and value through the industry’s most comprehensive supply chain programs. Learn how Vizient has you covered
through the additional inventory of essential products, diversifying your
supply chain through domestically manufactured products and more.
Critical supply profiles
Critical supply profiles help members proactively plan for potential supply chain disruptions in product categories affected by constraints in the market. Each profile provides comprehensive insights on manufacturing, logistics and utilization reviewed/updated weekly.
- Biohazardous Bags (July 2022)
- Blood Collection Tubes (July 2022)
- Infant Formula (July 2022)
- IV Solutions (July 2022)
- Prefilled Syringes (June 2022)
- Sharps Containers (July 2022)
- Suction Canisters (June 2022)
Product disruption briefs
Product supply briefs provide a summary of current conditions and strategies to manage product-level disruptions.