We are the nation's largest member-owned health care performance improvement company, and pharmacy is a big piece of what we do. Residents completing this elective learning experience (the ‘guest resident’) have the opportunity to gain a broader understanding of Vizient and how Vizient impacts members across the country. The guest resident will also interact with Vizient senior leadership and become a valued member of the Vizient Pharmacy Solutions team.
The areas of focus of the guest resident rotation include:
- Introduction to Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs) – required
- Analytics and informatics – required
- National contracting
- Clinical resources
Application requirements include:
- Updated curriculum vitae/resume
- Letter of interest
- Letter of approval from residency program director
- Program location: 290 E. John Carpenter Freeway, Irving, TX 75062
- Duration: 3-4 weeks
- Number of positions: Approximately one per month, pending availability
- Application deadline: June 14, 2019, for the 2019-2020 residency year
Meet our preceptors and program leadership
- Jade Vitug, PharmD (current)
As the current PGY2 pharmacy informatics resident, Jade is excited to learn about and contribute to the operations of the pharmacy team. In addition to pharmacy informatics, her professional interests include pharmacy analytics, outcomes research, diabetes, oncology, cardiology, and underserved patient populations. She received her doctorate in pharmacy from the University of California, San Francisco and completed a PGY1 pharmacy residency at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in San Jose, California. Jade is originally from the tropical island of Guam. In her free time, she enjoys trying new food and beer, binge-watching shows on Netflix, traveling, playing video games and watching cute animals on the internet.
- Cassandra Miller, PharmD (2017-2018)
Cassandra currently works as a system clinical pharmacist focusing on clinical benchmarking and utilization management initiatives for the UNC Health Care System in North Carolina. Her past training experience focused on population health in a managed Medicaid and Medicare patient population. Cassandra received doctorate in pharmacy and master’s of science in health informatics from the University of Findlay in Findlay, Ohio.
- Bryan Shaw, PharmD (2016-2017)
Connect with us to learn more about the guest resident rotation program.