We are the nation’s largest member-driven health care performance improvement company. Our diverse membership includes academic medical centers, pediatric facilities, community hospitals, integrated health delivery networks and non-acute health care providers that together represent more than $100 billion in annual purchasing volume.
Data analytics and informatics are the backbone of everything we do at Vizient. Our pharmacy analytics team continually pushes the envelope to provide our members meaningful and actionable data and insights to support their efforts to drive cost-effective care and improve clinical outcomes.
Visiting PGY2 residents (the ‘guest resident’) completing this elective learning experience have the opportunity to gain a broader understanding of Vizient and how Vizient impacts members across the country. The elective experience is focused on analytics, informatics and supply chain leadership, and is provided over a typical timeframe of 3 to 4 weeks. Throughout the experience, the guest resident will interact with Vizient senior leadership and become a valued member of the Vizient Pharmacy Solutions team.
Goals of the experience
This approximately four-week rotation at the Vizient headquarters in Irving, TX will give the visiting resident the opportunity to:
- Gain a broader understanding of Vizient
- Understand how Vizient impacts members nationally
- Interact with Vizient senior leadership
- Become a valued member of the Vizient Pharmacy Solutions team
Feedback and evaluations will be entered into the resident’s home program PharmAcademic™ and/or any method preferred by the home program.
- Room and board is the responsibility of the resident and home residency program
- Vizient’s Pharmacy Solutions team will assist with housing options around our office and we strongly encourage arrangements be determined as early as possible
- Inbound/outbound and daily commute – resident’s responsibility
- Any experience related travel – covered by Vizient
Application requirements include (via the electronic application):
- PGY2 Program and Residency Program Director (RPD) contact information – for electronic RPD approval form to be sent automatically after completion of the resident’s application
- PDF copies of the following:
- Personal statement/Letter of Intent
- Most up-to-date CV/resume
- Be able to answer the following questions in 250 words or less:
- How does this elective rotation align with your career interests?
- What skills do you hope to gain from completing this rotation?
Please direct all questions or inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Program location: 290 E. John Carpenter Freeway, Irving, TX 75062*
* Due to recent restrictions as a result of COVID-19, virtual experiences may be offered
- Duration: Typically 3-4 weeks (typically calendar month blocks)
- Number of positions: Approximately one per month, pending availability
- Application deadline:
- Update: June 19, 2020, at 12 p.m.CT for the 2020-2021 residency year
Meet our preceptors and program leadership
- Larry Huang, PharmD (current)
As the current PGY2 pharmacy informatics resident, Larry is excited to learn about and contribute to the operations of the pharmacy team. In addition to pharmacy informatics, his professional interests include pharmacy analytics, statistics, and infectious diseases. He received his doctorate in pharmacy from the University of Texas at Austin and completed a PGY1 pharmacy residency at Indiana University Health, Academic Health Center in Indianapolis, Indiana. In his free time, Larry enjoys working out at the gym, cooking, hiking and exploring new restaurants.
- Jade Vitug, PharmD (2018-2019
After completing the PGY2 Pharmacy Informatics Residency at Vizient, Jade stayed on with the company as a Senior Portfolio Executive. In her current role, Jade manages national contracts for branded pharmaceutical products. She received her doctorate in pharmacy (PharmD) from the University of California, San Francisco and completed a PGY1 pharmacy residency at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in San Jose, California. Jade is originally from the tropical island of Guam.
- Cassandra Miller, PharmD (2017-2018)
Cassandra currently works at Banner Health as a medication use practice specialist. After completing the PGY2 Pharmacy Informatics Residency at Vizient, she worked as a system clinical pharmacist focusing on clinical benchmarking and utilization management initiatives for the UNC Health Care System in North Carolina. Her past training experience focused on population health in a managed Medicaid and Medicare patient population. Cassandra received doctorate in pharmacy and master's of science in health informatics from the University of Findlay in Findlay, Ohio.
- Bryan Shaw, PharmD (2016-2017)
Connect with us to learn more about the guest resident rotation program.