Providing solutions beyond hospital walls for over 20 years.
Vizient Non-acute is unmatched in depth and breadth for non-acute supply chain management solutions for outpatient, postacute, ambulatory and extended care. With a dedicated staff of non-acute specialists, Vizient’s non-acute team does the heavy lifting to take your organization from strategy to opportunity identification to tactical execution.
Why Vizient Non-acute?
Vizient Non-acute Solutions brings greater visibility to your supply chain and helps your health system:
- Develop strategies that align with your supply chain goals
- Address key challenges to maximize scale
- Decrease non-acute supply chain costs and variability
- Implement customized solutions that increase visibility, control and efficiency
Vizient Non-acute will help you develop a distinct supply chain strategy for your outpatient locations that leverages our technology, analytics, service, and expertise in supply chain management. With a dedicated staff of non-acute specialists, we will do the heavy lifting to take your organization from strategy to opportunity identification and tactical execution. Schedule your free assessment.
Request free assessment
Comprehensive non-acute solutions
Is the clinic becoming the hospital? National health care trends and market data suggest so: Patient care offered in non-acute, or outpatient, facilities will grow by 8 percent in the next five years, while inpatient care is projected to decline by 3 percent over the same period of time.* This means operational and supply chain executives must proactively manage their non-acute costs with the same level of rigor as their large, acute-care facilities.
Vizient offers an easy, comprehensive way to fully assess your non-acute supply chain continuum, manage your non-acute supply chain spend, standardize purchasing and implement the most effective savings opportunities for your organization.
Members who use our non-acute solutions realize savings across the continuum of care. Our solutions include:
- Contract implementation
- Savings programs
- Management tools
- Business reviews and reports
- Data and analytics
Vizient helps non-acute care facilities achieve their supply cost management objectives by identifying their needs and addressing those needs through a portfolio of cost-effective, clinically appropriate products.
Vizient offers products for each market segment, including:
- Ambulatory surgery centers
- Diagnostic imaging centers
- Physician practices
- Traditional home health care
- Home infusion therapy
- Specialty infusion therapy
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Closed-door pharmacies
- Assisted living facilities
Vizient provides a variety of agreements to help non-acute care facilities reduce costs associated with their supply purchases. Our non-acute care product agreements encompass:
- Business products
- Environmental services/facilities
Vizient is working to enhance the value of this portfolio through a more robust product offering and best pricing for non-acute care facilities.
* Sources: Impact of Change® v16.0; HCUP National Inpatient Sample (NIS). Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). 2013. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD; OptumInsight, 2014; The following 2014 CMS Limited Data Sets (LDS): Carrier, Denominator, Home Health Agency, Hospice, Outpatient, Skilled Nursing Facility; The Nielsen Company, LLC, 2016; Sg2 Analysis, 2016.
Saint Luke’s Health System saved $1.2 million with Vizient Non-acute Solutions
In just two years, non-acute services at Saint Luke’s Health System exploded from about 100 physicians in 20 locations to more than 640 physicians in more than 210 clinics, offices, outpatient departments, skilled nursing and home care agencies across the metropolitan area. Download the success story to learn how Saint Luke’s addressed these challenges with the support of the experts in non-acute supply chain management at Vizient.