Serving the needs of your youngest patients
The Vizient Preferred Pediatric Program supports pediatric caregivers with high-quality products, services, analytics and value-add offerings. It helps you reduce supply spend, advance supply chain efficiencies and improve organizational effectiveness. The program also integrates communication and educational opportunities to enrich clinical staff.
The Preferred Pediatric Program empowers you to run better—and ultimately, deliver exceptional, cost-effective care for your youngest patients.
Delivering variety, quality and value for pediatric caregivers
In addition to price savings, members may also receive improved financial returns through innovative solutions such as Impact Standardization, Novaplus® and National Group Buys.
In addition to the GPO industry's largest national pediatric contract portfolio, the Preferred Pediatric Program includes Preferred Pediatric Program signature products, such as:
Alliance Labs DocuSol® Kids Mini-Enema
Alliance Labs pursues best-in-class pharmaceutical innovation to provide better health and a better future for both customers and employees.
The DocuSol Kids Mini-Enema is a five mL mini-enema containing a delivered dose of 100 mg docusate sodium in a proprietary blend containing polyethylene glycol. It is designed to give a child general constipation relief in two to 15 minutes. It features a soft, flexible tip for easy insertion and a non-irritating formula. It is an ideal solution for patients unwilling or unable to swallow medication.
- Visit the DocuSol Kids provider site for product prescribing and retail information
- Learn the signs and treatment for constipation in children
For further information on this product or additional training resources, please contact Alliance Labs.
Currie Medical Specialties Inc. is a leading provider and innovator in the design, manufacturing and marketing of pneumatic compression devices and garments for the prevention of deep vein thrombosis.
Currie Medical Specialties has created the first FDA-cleared garments specifically designed to fit pediatric patients for pneumatic compression in order to prevent venous thromboembolism (VTE). Currie Kids provides a full range of coverage for all pediatric patients.
For further information on these products, please watch Currie Medical Specialties’ educational videos or contact the company.
DandleLION Medical manufactures special products for the neonatal population that are designed to support the neurodevelopment of premature and ill infants. Products are all natural, eco-friendly and sustainable. DandleLION also provides clinical education with CEU credit and resources such as The Empower ProgramTM, an early intervention family-centered, -multi-sensory, development care program for parents of babies born at less than 30 weeks gestation.
Dandle ROO™ is the first system to support prone, supine and side-lying positions all in one device. Developed by NICU professionals to support the neurodevelopment of preterm and ill infants.
Dandle ROO™ Lite was developed to support the neurodevelopment of the preterm and ill infant when a disposable product better meets the needs of the baby or the NICU staff. The ROO Lite may be hand laundered or machine washed in a gentle cycle. It can also be used during phototherapy.
Dandle WRAP™ supports positioning of the developing, more competent infant and may be used in support of back to sleep practice, especially for those babies who struggle with the transition from positioning aids to an unsupported supine position.
DandleLION Thermal Hat keeps heat from escaping with a quiet polyethylene liner (DEHP and latex free) that is encased between two layers of soft yarn so it never touches the baby.
More information on DandleLION’s product line, educational resources and in-service videos can be found on their website.
DeRoyal offers a vast selection of quality pediatric products that allow for supplier standardization from the smallest patients to the largest.
The critical measurement canister is designed to be used for accurate measurement of small volumes of liquid. It offers easy to read graduations with calibrations in five cc increments. The canister fits in standard 1200 cc wall brackets and can be used as a stand-alone or in tandem. It includes a shut-off mechanism and is disposable.
DeRoyal’s neonatal skin temperature sensor probes feature a one-piece direct plug-in design compatible with all warming equipment and a unique color-coding system to ensure proper sensor identification during use and storage They require no interface cables. Practitioners are offered a choice of hydrogel or adhesive pads to adhere to fragile infant skin without irritation. The reflective sensor cover deflects radiant heat for more accurate readings.
DeRoyal offers a variety of online tools to make ordering and using its products easier.
For further information on these products or additional training resources, please contact DeRoyal.
Dräger offers thermoregulation, ventilation, jaundice management, monitoring and workplace design solutions to help you develop a nurturing environment for all of your pediatric patients.
The Babylog VN500 and Evita Infinity V500 are highly advanced ventilation units for use in acute care respiratory support for children and adults. Delivering high performance ventilation capabilities, comprehensive monitoring and effective treatment functions, the Babylog VN500 and the Evita Infinity V500 are ideal for clinical use in the ICU.
Visit A Breath Ahead, an interactive community for leaders and practitioners in respiratory care. It offers information on patient safety and opportunities to earn continuing respiratory care education (CRCE) credits, in addition to networking opportunities.
- Receive real-time support from Intensive Care On-line Network (ICON) clinicians on a 24/7 basis
- Take the Basics of Respiration and Ventilation eLearning course, an accredited program by the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) for four hours of non-traditional CRCE credits
For further information on these products or additional training resources, please contact Dräger.
FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. is committed to providing the best pediatric solutions with its proven safety, advanced precision, enhanced comfort, and specialized presentation.
Fujifilm’s pediatric digital X-ray solutions provide gentle dose without sacrificing image quality, the ability to eliminate grids to reduce dose and retakes, and even complement infection controls with exclusive antibacterial coating. Products are designed with a focus on dose management and include FDA 510(k) clearance for pediatric uses.
- FDR D-EVO II: Fujifilm’s most durable and reliable digital radiography (DR) detectors feature Csl and patented Irradiated Side Sampling (ISS) circuitry designed to facilitate diagnostic certainty with enhanced image clarity, sharpness, and contrast—and lower, more gentle dose—for the smallest and most sensitive of patients.
- FDR D-EVO GL: The world’s first and only single-exposure, long-length DR detector increases safety and comfort through faster image acquisition and lower dose. The time that patients have to remain still is reduced, the dose is reduced by as much as 50% and the need for grids for scoliosis, spine and long-leg exams is eliminated.
- FDR AQRO: A revolutionary compact, portable digital X-ray system with ultra-low dose and excellent maneuverability for the tightest of spaces and easy in-department storage for on-demand dedicated availability.
- FDR Go: This compact design is smooth and speedy, making it one of the world’s quietest and most agile mobile X-ray platforms—and a reliable ally when treating young patients.
The latest model features one of the lowest telescoping columns and smallest tube head designs available. Pediatric graphic wraps are optionally available for both systems to help ease patient and parent fears during the exam.
- FDR-flex with FDR D-EVO II: FDR-flex (detector & laptop) mobile kit easily turns any analog system into a DR solution in seconds. It is great for use in hospitals, clinics and remote medical environments. FDR-flex can also serve as reliable backup for X-ray room use and is compact enough to be carried to patients anywhere in the hospital.
Fujifilm digital x-ray pediatrics solutions eBrochure provides a high level overview of the unique benefits offered by Fujifilm’s pediatric solutions, and the various high sensitivity digital X-ray detectors and portable solutions available to you.
As a pioneer in digital X-ray, Fujifilm maximizes workflow efficiencies and provides exceptional image quality at a low dose.
For further information on these products or additional training resources, you may contact Fujifilm.
Halyard Health is a medical technology company focused on advancing health and health care by preventing infection, eliminating pain and speeding recovery.
The Halyard Child's Face Mask is the first mask that meets FDA guidelines for pediatric use. It is recommended for children ages 4-12 and includes a detailed IFU for its safe and effective use. The mask features comfortable fitted ear loops, a formable nose wire for custom fit on small faces and Disney® characters to make infection prevention fun.
- View Halyard’s respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette guidelines to help prevent the spread of infection in your facility
- Browse clinical resources for case studies, articles, guidelines, brochures and other content for clinicians
- Visit Halyard Knowledge Network to access a variety of free educational resources on health care-associated infections. Most of them provide continuing education credits.
For further information on this product or additional training resources, please contact Halyard.
Hollister Ostomy brings together decades of experience in ostomy care, a robust selection of products and a true understanding of your patients' needs.
Pouchkins Pediatric Pouching System is an advanced product featuring the SoftFlex skin barrier, which is designed to be flexible and gentle on sensitive skin. The system’s odor-barrier film and Pouchkins tubing are designed to provide a comfortable experience for the youngest patients.
Hollister has assembled various information sources and educational opportunities in a continuing education resource center to support the professional advancement of nurses who care for people with ostomies:
- Shadow Buddies dolls are special friends for children who have had or will have ostomy surgery. They are great tools to help with education and care giving.
- The caregiver booklet provides support and guidance to those caring for a loved one with an ostomy. It provides comfort to parents by addressing special concerns related to caring for a child with an ostomy.
- The Day I Got My Stoma is a resource for parents or caregivers and children with ostomies. It contains stories written by parents of children with ostomies and teens/tweens with an ostomy, and was compiled by a children's stoma nurse specialist at Sheffield Children's Hospital in the United Kingdom.
- Ostomy Educational Theater is a series of videos helping patients understand what to expect before and after surgery. Colostomy, ileostomy, and urostomy versions are also available in multiple languages.
- Secure Start provides a lifetime of free personalized support to patients so they can live their lives their way. Patients are matched with lifetime service coordinators and ostomy product experts. Once coordinators establish product fit, patients are connected to suppliers that accept their in-network insurance. Coordinators regularly follow up with patients over their lifetime.
For further information on this product or additional training resources, please contact Hollister.
The Huggies® brand focuses on delivering products that support skin health and healthy growth and development. Its complete portfolio of diapers, wipes, training pants and youth pants meet the needs of a wide range of pediatric patients. The brand has partnered with neonatal nurses to continually improve the overall fit and performance of its diapers and wipes in support of improved clinical outcomes.
Huggies is constantly innovating to keep babies comfortable and dry. The Leak Lock system, GentleAbsorb Liner and pocketed back waistband keep the mess in the diaper and away from the baby's skin. The color-changing wetness indicator lets caregivers know when it's time to change the diaper. For comfort, the diapers feature an umbilical cord cutout, double grip strips, a flexible waistband and SureFit design.
The Micro-Preemie Diaper is designed in partnership with NICU nurses and is made to protect fragile skin.
Huggies Wipes have soft TripleClean layers that are thick enough to handle any mess but soft against the baby's skin. Huggies Natural Care Extra Sensitive Wipes are made with a water-based formula free of alcohol, fragrance and dyes.
For further information on these products, please contact Huggies.
The Enfamil brand is focused on providing safe, high-quality and innovative pediatric nutrition products that help nourish infants through toddlerhood. Enfamil Staged Nutrition formulas are based on the changing nutrition in breast milk as babies grow.
Enfamil Infant Formula is scientifically designed to meet the nutritional needs of newborns, infants, toddlers and children, including the support of neural development with brain-nourishing DHA. The Enfamil brand also encompasses specialized formulas for babies with sensitive stomachs, malabsorption, lactose intolerance and other needs, as well as a line for premature babies.
- Learn about Mead Johnson’s medical grants, which are offered to national and international organizations that seek to provide infants and children with the best start in life
- Visit Mead Johnson’s Nutrition and Your Child site, which provides information for parents that stems from research done by its scientists. Topics include healthy growth and development, protein metabolic disorders and nutrition for premature infants.
- Ask questions related to infant formula on Mead Johnson’s clinical support page. Answers to frequently asked questions are posted here, including common misconceptions about formula.
- Read the latest news about Mead Johnson Nutritionals and the company’s perspective on recent developments in children's nutrition
For further information on these products or additional training resources, please contact Mead Johnson. You may also call 800-BABY-123.
MedComp develops, manufactures, markets and supports cutting-edge vascular access devices and accessories to meet the clinical needs of the medical industry, particularly in the fields of interventional medicine and dialysis.
The Split Cath® is America's number one dialysis catheter and meets the National Kidney Foundation Guidelines for pediatric vascular access for all pediatric patient weights. The two floating lumens on the Split Cath III improve patency and flow and lower recirculation compared to a traditional step-tip catheter. The material is both alcohol- and iodine-compatible, making the catheter strong, biocompatible and kink resistant.
MedComp's Pediatric Vascu-PICC® catheters are taperless, reducing the incidence of vessel trauma in smaller vasculature. Multiple function luers eliminate separate access lines to decrease vessel trauma. Thermosensitive polyurethane material provides strength and control during insertion.
Pediatric Dignity® Mini CT Ports are the smallest in the industry, making them both comfortable and nearly undetectable, yet easy to palpate and maintain. The smooth tapered contours and lightweight materials allow for maximum patient comfort.
- Learn about the compatibility of MedComp's products with commonly used site care formulations
- Watch this video on how to insert MedComp’s Pediatric Split Cath®
- Watch this video to learn about MedComp’s Pediatric Dignity® Mini CT Port , approved for use in both CECT injections and infusion therapy
For further information on these products or additional training resources, please contact MedComp.
Medefil is a leading manufacturer of prefilled heparin and saline flush syringes. Medefil syringes are produced in the U.S. and contain no preservatives, are dose-specific, accurately labeled and easily identified, promoting safety and preventing medication dosing errors.
The MedeFlush heparin IV flush syringes (1 unit/milliliter) are specifically developed for neonatal intensive care units (NICU). Unique features of the MedeFlush heparin syringes include:
- Low-dose preﬁlled heparin syringes designed speciﬁcally for use in the NICU
- Tip cap and label are color-coded by concentration with easy-to-read labels to prevent medication errors
- Bar code and NDC number included on the dispenser box and individual syringes
- Two year shelf life, compared to pharmacy-compounded alternatives which have a typical shelf like of seven days
- Latex-fee and contains no preservatives, DEHP, PVC, bisphenol A, or mercury
- Includes No Reﬂux flushing technology
- Lowest PSI of any flush syringe (12mL or less) creates smooth ﬂow of ﬂush solution with less pressure
- Thicker wall construction eliminates barrel distortion, keeping ﬂuid in the sterile zone of the syringe
- ISO compliant
MedFare has been providing printed materials to the health care industry for over 40 years. Its pediatric offerings help make mealtime more fun while providing information to patients and their parents.
MedFare's KidFare Interactive TrayTop Program helps make mealtimes engaging and informative. Products include pediatric tray covers, napkins, hand wipes, and menus as part of the tray-top product offering. The pediatric tray covers are themed and include games, facts, and an interactive QR code that links to additional food and wellness information. MedFare can customize the design to match your patients’ needs, and there are no minimum orders.
For further information on these products, please contact MedFare.
Patterson Medical’s pediatric offering is designed to help you take care of what's most important–your patients. With more than 60 years of experience, Patterson Medical provides everything your patients need to get them back in action.
Patterson Medical has a full range of pediatric rehabilitation and therapeutic devices that assist with daily activities, mobility and therapy. The NOVAKIDS line from Patterson Medical includes Tumble Forms, one of the most trusted names in pediatric seating and positioning.
- Visit Patterson Medical University (PMU), an online hub providing clinicians with the opportunity to obtain continuing education units through its modules on biomechanics, splinting, instrumented assisted soft tissue mobilization and more
- Visit the pediatric manuals page for information on how to use Patterson Medical pediatric products
For further information on these products or additional resources, please contact Patterson Medical.
Pampers® is dedicated to every baby's happy, healthy development by providing safe, reliable products that keep your baby clean and dry. Procter & Gamble offers a complete portfolio of diapers, wipes, training pants and youth pants.
Pampers® Diapers are the number one choice in hospitals. These diapers feature Blankie Soft™ material with an umbilical cord notch to keep babies comfortable. The Extra Absorb Channels™, Absorb Away Liner and Wetness Indicator are features that help keep children comfortable and protected.
Read a case study on skin care for the NICU patient; Procter & Gamble contributed to the research.
For further information on these products or additional resources, please contact Procter & Gamble.
The QuickClot® technology accelerates the body’s natural clotting cascade for babies and children. The QuikClot dressing is a nonwoven hydrophilic gauze impregnated with kaolin, an inorganic mineral that is both safe and effective in accelerating the body’s natural clotting cascade without any exothermic reactions or use of animal or human proteins.
For more information, visit the Z=Medica website.
Vizient members have exclusive access to additional resources and information.
Novaplus® delivers the best value and quality on the most frequently purchased products and services. Learn more about our portfolio.
Available in more than 45 major categories, Vizient group buys achieve significant savings for members on major equipment purchases.
Our committed programs improve procurement processes on commonly purchased products and financially reward standardization efforts.
Learn more about the Vizient Preferred Pediatric Program.