Serving members’ needs together
Deliver critical tools and technology for exceptional, cost-effective care
Our suppliers play an important role. Whether it’s delivering critical medications and supplies or a cutting-edge medical device, our suppliers are proven to drive results, improve quality and reduce costs. Vizient™ offers a unique supplier experience through increased supply chain efficiency, visibility and credibility. Our portfolio executives and contracting professionals deliver the support you need to provide the right solutions at the right price, maximizing your success.
More than $1.5 billion of savings in contract price improvements over the past five years.
As we continue our company integration to best serve all Vizient suppliers, we are combining legacy websites from VHA, University HealthSystem Consortium and Novation onto one platform in fall 2016. For you, that means one place and one login to access all Vizient tools – including member roster, product and pricing information, and IMPACT standardization reports.
As part of this transition, we’re changing our security protocol for Vizient suppliers, and your old login information stopped working when the technology platforms merged in October 2016.
If you are a current supplier under the legacy Novation brand, your business email address will become the username you enter to access the supplier interface, and you will be asked to set a new password.
Become a supplier
Vizient is the industry’s largest supply contracting company and the nation’s largest member-owned health care services company. We help members and their affiliates—from academic medical centers to acute and non-acute community providers—reduce costs and deliver better, smarter care for their patients and communities.
We deliver unmatched supply savings and value through our sourcing services, as well as information and data. To join our supplier team, review the benefits and bidding system to determine if Vizient is a fit for you.
Vizient’s annual purchasing volume, the largest in the industry.
- Reduced contracting expense — Vizient’s national agreements help suppliers negotiate once, offering benefits beyond reduced administrative tasks.
- Reduced selling costs — Vizient provides solid sales team support and marketing communications tools that reduce suppliers’ expenses.
- Predictable sales and purchasing patterns — Access to our large membership enables suppliers to plan and forecast effectively.
- Flexible sourcing strategies and contracting programs — Our flexible sourcing strategies reward members while delivering incremental volume to suppliers.
- Innovative technology — The Vizient innovative technology contracting process seeks to identify and contract for innovative products that are used in the direct clinical care of patients and offer an incremental benefit to patient care or patient or health care worker safety. Learn more
- Member-focused organizations — Because Vizient serves a broad health care market—as well as education, corporate and hospitality customers—our suppliers have exposure to more opportunities.
- Subject-matter experts — Our contract experts’ diverse experience spans pharmacy, nursing, administration and supply chain, equipping them to best connect supplier solutions with member needs.
- Extensive supply chain catalog — Members can access and activate contract information quickly through our online contracting database and supply chain workflow tool.
- Competitive contract process — Following the principles of the American Bar Association’s Model Procurement Code, our contract process integrates qualitative and financial factors to identify the proposals with the best member value.
- Market leadership —With the industry’s largest purchasing volume, Vizient connects suppliers with more member touch points than anyone else.
- Successful track record —Vizient has helped suppliers of all sizes meet their business goals while providing the right solutions at the right price to our members.
The bid calendar shows the product categories scheduled for a competitive procurement. After you register, you will get a confirmation number as well as a designated portfolio executive who can answer questions related to the categories and requirements.
We must receive your request for a bid no later than five working days after the posted bid mailing date. After that time, no additional RFPs will be issued.
Learn how to participate in the Vizient competitive contracting process and how to submit a bid in Emptoris, our online eSourcing platform, by viewing our Emptoris Supplier Training module. You will receive step-by-step instructions on how to submit a proposal, along with tips on creating a successful bid.
Vizient uses eSignature to make the signing process faster and easier for suppliers by eliminating the manual routing of contracts for signature. The eSignature process is intuitive, but please view our online training instructions online for detailed information.
Register with the Supplier Diversity Program. Vizient is dedicated to fostering economic growth in the communities our members serve by supporting development and contracting opportunities for small and diversity-owned suppliers. Complete the registration form to connect with our Supplier Diversity Program.
NOTE: Because of the ever-changing nature of the health care world, Vizient reserves the right to modify the bid/proposal calendar as needed. We encourage suppliers to visit the bid/proposal calendar often for any changes.
The Vizient Vendor Grievance Process provides a mechanism by which potential vendors can appeal contract award decisions if they believe the contracting process was not conducted in a fair, open and competitive manner in accordance with Vizient’s policies. Under this procedure, vendors can request an independent review of the process by Vizient personnel outside of the contracting group.
In addition, if, following completion of Vizient’s Vendor Grievance Process, the supplier is still dissatisfied with the outcome, the supplier may submit its grievance for review pursuant to the HGPII Independent Evaluation Process.
This policy is guided by:
- Vizient’s Standards of Business Conduct
- American Bar Association Model Procurement Code
- Vizient’s Innovative Technology Policy
The aggrieved party must reasonably cooperate with the Grievance Response Team during its evaluation of the grievance, including without limitation following all timelines and responding to requests for information in a timely fashion.
The Vizient Vendor Grievance Process will result in one of the following outcomes:
- Sustain the original bid or innovative technology decision
- Bid or re-bid the product or product category
- Award a contract to the aggrieved party
How to file a grievance
The preferred method for submitting vendor grievances is through the Vizient Compliance Hotline or website. An aggrieved party may call the hotline at (800) 750-4972 or may submit a grievance via the EthicsPoint website. The Compliance Hotline is managed by EthicsPoint, an independent third party