Increasing drug costs. Reimbursement shortfalls. Budget cuts. Drug shortages. The Vizient™ Pharmacy Program helps you meet all of these challenges and more, and is the key piece to our comprehensive pharmacy portfolio.
With drug costs accounting for 20 percent or more of hospital expenses, our portfolio of pharmacy offerings can help you make pharmacy a strategic business asset for maintaining a competitive advantage.
- More than 12,000 products and services in our pharmacy group purchasing organization (GPO) portfolio
- Actionable pharmacy analytics (members only)
- Access to our experts and Drug Price Forecast Report (members only)
Connect with us to learn how we can help drive your health care improvement opportunities.
Pharmacy Program pillars
- Over $48 billion in committed pharmacy spend, making VizientTM the industry leader in spend volume
- More than 12,000 contracted products and services
- Over $60 million in failure-to-supply (FTS) recovery fees collected since inception
- Over $16 million in FTS reimbursements in 2015 alone
- The NOVAPLUS™ pharmacy portfolio consists of more than 700 national drug codes
This report helps members develop their annual pharmacy budget. It includes in-depth reviews of top therapeutic classes and offers additional insight into acute, nonacute, specialty and pediatric pharmacy issues.
- Budgeting support with access to our Drug Budget Forecast Report
- Clinical and financial alignment based on reliable data
- Personalized reporting
- Pricing performance benchmarks
A bold approach to drug shortages
For more than a decade, our priority has been to help mitigate the effects of the drug shortage crisis. No other GPO has taken such bold measures to address this critical problem.
Our response to drug shortages includes:
- Encouraging production of critical drugs
- Advocacy with government agencies and industry groups
- Emergency procurement process
- Contracting bid standards that surpass our competitors
- Automatic failure-to-supply program
- Communications and insights through the Vizient Drug Shortage Information Exchange
- Weekly Drug Shortage Digest
- Drug shortage alerts
- Current drug shortages
- Member education sessions
- Supplier communications