Drives greater gender equality via equal access to resources and opportunities, regardless of gender, providing opportunities for all individuals throughout all levels at Vizient.
Our strategic advantage: culture, diversity and inclusion
Our inclusive culture allows our diverse team of experts to strengthen members’ delivery of high-value care by aligning cost, quality and market performance.
Diversity and Inclusion are strategic commitments of Vizient and our family of companies, reflected in the business practices that touch employees, members, suppliers and our community.
Download D&I fact sheet
Meet our Diversity Networking Associations (DNAS)
Our DNAs (often known as ERGs) are designed to raise awareness around issues faced by specific demographics (including race, gender and sexual identity, to name a few) and advocate for a more inclusive workplace as well as socially responsible business practices.
Promotes the organizational benefits of supporting multicultural individuals at Vizient and helps prepare, develop and celebrate future generations of diverse leaders.
Brings awareness to and helps Vizient attract, develop and retain LGBTQ+ community members and allies by fostering a culture of inclusion that enables employees to be their authentic selves.
Supports volunteerism benefiting veterans and veteran organizations, fosters employee connections and serves as a resource to veteran and military-related matters at Vizient.
It’s not enough to be committed to diversity and inclusion.
Instead, it must be woven into the fabric of our culture – supporting everything we do to execute our shared mission.
Our strength is our people.
Our employees come from all different backgrounds with a vast range of experience and expertise. It’s our unique perspective and insight that continue to drive us forward so we can accomplish great things, together.
We are a best place to work.
Our organization was thrice recognized by Modern HealthCare as one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare. And the Ethisphere Institute has honored Vizient as One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies – six years running. Learn more.
our success is measured by our members’ success. We evolve along with members to meet their increasingly diverse needs – helping them achieve sustainable results.
a diverse membership ranging from academic medical centers and community hospitals to large integrated delivery networks and non-acute health care providers.
each other to think differently, practice agility and lead with innovation throughout all areas of our business – unlocking potential for each other, our members and the broader health care community.
Annual pay equity review
We take pay equity seriously at Vizient. With the assistance of external counsel, we run an annual pay equity study to ensure employees are paid fairly and equitably and pay scales in our industry align with our compensation plans. The review includes:
- Salary offers to external and internal hires
- Salary increases requested to recognize growth and performance
- Salary increases that are part of a promotion
We review leadership demographics
This allows us to identify talent potential and strong performance with our leadership team.
- We’re able to drive greater parity by analyzing leadership demographics to inform our inclusion strategy.
- With a formalized process in place, we assess year-over-year leadership talent potential and performance statistics with a future-forward mindset.
Members look to us to help them attain their diversity goals.
We offer an extensive portfolio of diverse suppliers to help members reach target objectives.
- Our Supplier Diversity Program supports the development of minority-, woman-, disability-, LGBT- and veteran-owned business enterprises that meet high-quality standards.
- Our Chief Diversity Officers Network offers a forum for participants to network and develop solutions supporting the triple aim of achieving supplier diversity, addressing patient SDOH and promoting employee inclusion and engagement.