To maintain readiness for every patient visit, hospitals and clinics must meet pressing needs to comply with accreditation requirements, keep up with regulatory changes and be ready for unannounced surveys. Vizient™ provides services and resources to help you to stay on top of health care accreditation and regulation.
For hospitals and clinics, the pressure is constant. Comply with accreditation requirements. Keep up with regulatory changes. Manage the uncertainty of unannounced surveys.
But the goal is clear: be ready for every patient every time.
At Vizient, we provide services and resources that help you stay on top of changes and challenges in health care accreditation and regulation.
Accreditation education and resources
Our education programs provide access to experts and tools for accreditation professionals and operational managers of academic medical centers, community hospitals and ambulatory care facilities. Our programs focus on Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services (CMS) Conditions of Participation and highlight requirements unique to certain voluntary accrediting organizations. In addition, programs are approved for continuing education credit.
Benefits of Vizient accreditation education and resources:
- Access to trusted advisers including nurses, physicians and certified health care facility management professionals with years of experience
- Timely accreditation and regulatory information in the form of resources, tools and communications to attain success the first time around
- Opportunity to network with other members as well as content experts to tackle problematic compliance issues
All Vizient network members are invited to participate in our two webinar series.
Fundamental accreditation webinar series
This series consists of regulatory and accreditation topics focused on the CMS Conditions of Participation for hospitals and accreditation functions. Participants will receive a comprehensive overview of the fundamentals including the intent and expectations for compliance during each of these programs. Each program will offer a tool or resource that participants can use to strengthen their knowledge and assessment skills to maintain continuous accountability, readiness and reliability.
Advanced accreditation webinar series
This series is dedicated to some of the more complex and problematic regulatory topics that present challenges to members. The goal of these programs is to present the requirements as well as successful strategies that were implemented in the academic medical center setting, and community hospital and ambulatory setting as applicable.
Accreditation Professional Orientation Certificate Program
This program connects new accreditation professionals to the knowledge and tools that will keep their hospitals continuously ready for patients and unannounced regulatory or accreditation visits. Led by Vizient and member experts, this comprehensive orientation program begins with an in-person session, followed by four monthly webinars. A spring and fall session will also be available to members.
Continuous accreditation compliance services
For continuous accreditation compliance, our trusted advisers — including nurses, physicians, and certified facilities management professionals — can help you assess, build and maintain a continuous patient safety and regulatory compliance. Available services include:
- Before the survey — compliance assessments, a survey insight tool, and reports on requirements for improvement or deficiency trends
- During the survey — focused issue resolution with strategy and coaching support
- After the survey — development of corrective action and monitoring plans, with deficiency clarification, correction coaching and adverse decision support
Three-year continuous accreditation compliance services packages. All packages include:
- A library of survey questions that can be used to conduct risk assessments and tracers
- Quarterly aggregated deficiency reports
- Quarterly aggregated FAQs and standards interpretation responses
- Teleconference survey support
- Coaching and solution strategies addressing requests for improvement and deficiencies
- Adverse decision support
Higher service levels include additional pre-survey support, which includes a mock survey, and intrasurvey support — e.g., coaching and strategizing during the actual Joint Commission survey. Packages can be customized to member needs.
Share best practices with your accreditation peers across the country. We provide opportunities to network with accreditation professionals, both in-person and virtually, to share experiences, collaborate on improvement strategies, and discuss accreditation and regulatory standards and the survey process.
Network opportunities include:
- Annual accreditation conferences and updates: Join your peers at our two-day accreditation conference available to all Vizient members. The conference focuses on accreditation updates and issues, and provides opportunities to network with other accreditation professionals.
- Relationship development and mentoring
- Networking opportunities — national and local
Connect with us for more information at email@example.com.
Vizient members can access current resources, tools, guidelines and checklists to assess compliance for continuous patient readiness.
“Three recommendations for continuous patient readiness” By Diana Scott, senior director of accreditation advisory services, Vizient
Learn about the five “minimum standards” that make up the foundation of Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services Conditions of Participation.
Learn how your organization can use time and energy proactively to be continuously compliant and ensure you are providing safe, quality care
Connect with us to learn how we can help drive your health care improvement opportunities.