Becoming Joint Commission survey-ready with Vizient
Vizient accreditation education and resources
Our education programs provide access to experts and tools for accreditation professionals and operational managers of academic medical centers, community hospitals and ambulatory care facilities. Our programs focus on Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services (CMS) Conditions of Participation and highlight requirements unique to certain voluntary accrediting organizations. In addition, programs are approved for continuing education credit.
At Vizient, we provided services and resources that help you stay on top of the constant changes coming from healthcare accrediation organizations.
- Access to trusted advisers including nurses, physicians and certified health care facility management professionals with years of experience
- Timely accreditation and regulatory information in the form of resources, tools and communications to attain success the first time around
- Opportunity to network with other members as well as content experts to tackle problematic compliance issues
Partner with Vizient to become survey ready
Regulatory preparedness is the foundation of delivering safe effective care
Our trusted advisers — including nurses, physicians, and certified facilities management professionals — can help you assess, build and maintain continuous patient safety and regulatory compliance. Joint Commission survey readiness consulting services include:
- Before the survey
- Mock survey — bring in Vizient accreditation professionals to identify safety and compliance gaps
- Survey insight tools
- Requirement for improvement report — compilation of de-identified member data from those surveyed to provide valuable insight into what surveyors are scoring and areas they may not have considered
- Survey (tracer) questions - collection of the recent surveyor questions from program members to provide insight to your team on what surveyors are asking on each unit and during the sessions
- Monthly newsletter — the latest information from accrediting and regulatory organizations
- Survey management program — a tailored survey management infrastructure that involves advisers coming on-site to evaluate current state and provide tools and guidelines to create or strengthen member survey infrastructure. Additionally, they train surveyor scribes and escorts on their roles.
- Member networking opportunities
- Office hours calls - members come together to hear from those recently surveyed who share successes, surprises, and challenges from their experiences
- Vizient community portal — allows accreditation professionals to ask and answer questions with peers, creating an environment for continuous learning
- During the survey — focused issue resolution with strategy and coaching support from Vizient experts
- After the survey — development of corrective action and monitoring plans, with deficiency clarification, correction coaching and adverse decision support
- Mentoring program —education and coaching for novice accreditation professionals
- New construction surveys — support and coaching to prepare for initial surveys of new construction
Created in partnership by Safe & Reliable Healthcare and Vizient, this white paper represents the next step in guiding organizations on their high reliability journeys.
See how Vizient helps with Joint Commission survey readiness
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center uses regular mock surveys to gauge improvement and ensure compliance.
University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health uses multiple Vizient services to smooth accreditation.
At Valley Health System, being prepared for accreditation is about doing what's right for the patient.
Connect with us to learn more about accreditation services.