Supply assurance: working to ensure there's no shortage of it
In today's global market, we want to give providers confidence that critical supplies and essential medications are accessible when needed in delivering high-quality patient care. It's supply assurance, and it's part of our long-standing core business.
Our wealth of experience, actionable data and predictive planning helps to strengthen supply assurance. Further, our work with stakeholders focuses on improving supply chain risk mitigation as we collaborate to enhance data, increase supply visibility and expand inventory access.
Four themes keep us centered and are the pillars of our supply chain assurance efforts: insights, access, enablement and advocacy. Learn more about our supply assurance strategy.
Vizient members can access these and many other supply and medication resources to sustain and improve both operations and patient outcomes. Login is required.
Stay current on market changes, understand supply access and cost impacts with these supply chain assurance resources and information. Do you need supply chain support? Contact us.
Supply chain resources
- Food for Thought: Supply Chain (May 2023) – Supply Chain Update is a supplement to the Vizient Food Program communication tool, Food For Thought. Our goal is to keep you abreast of time sensitive market and industry news.
- Supply Risk Solutions: Quickstart – A risk analytics and event monitoring platform included with your Vizient membership at no additional charge.
- Supply update executive summary (May 2023) – a monthly summary of all supply chain disruptors including current market challenges, category-specific product updates and recovering markets.
Price Assurance Resources
- Price Assurance FAQ - Learn how working together with suppliers, members and supply analytic insights, we help ensure value is accessible, regardless of market dynamics.
- Budget Impact Projections report - Included in this semiannual report are Vizient's price change projections on medical supplies, equipment and purchased services. In addition, it contains detailed trends and forecasts on more than 30 raw materials and indexes.
- Material manufacturing briefs - As a complement to the Budget Impact Projections report, Vizient brings together market news and expert insights in Manufacturing Insights Briefs. These timely documents inform you about raw materials and other factors and conditions that are currently affecting the supply chain.
Supply chain programs
Vizient delivers unmatched savings and value through the industry’s most comprehensive supply chain programs. Learn how Vizient has you covered through the additional inventory of essential products, diversifying your supply chain through domestically manufactured products and more.
Natural disaster disruption briefs
Natural disaster disruption briefs provide a summary of disruptive natural or weather conditions or events affecting member's supply chain conditions.
Market disruption briefs
Market disruption briefs provide a summary of disruptive conditions or events affecting the supply chain market conditions.
Critical supply profiles
Critical supply profiles help members proactively plan for potential supply chain disruptions in product categories affected by constraints in the market. Each profile provides comprehensive insights on manufacturing, logistics and utilization reviewed/updated weekly.
Product disruption briefs
Product supply briefs provide a summary of current conditions and strategies to manage product-level disruptions.
- Adhesive drapes (May 2023)
- Biologic Surgical Mesh (May 2023)
- Exam room equipment (May 2023)
- External Defibrillators (May 2023)
- Facial Protection (May 2023)
- Intra-aortic balloon pump systems (IABP) (May 2023)
- Irrigation solutions in semi-rigid bottles (May 2023)
- IV extension sets (Feb 2023)
- IV Solutions: Intralipid (May 2023)
- Monitoring Electrodes (Apr 2023)
- Non-invasive ventilation (Feb 2023)
- Patient monitoring: spiral electrodes (May 2023)
- PEG Tubes (May 2023)
- Peripheral vascular (May 2023)
- Stretchers (May 2023)
- Tourniquet cuffs (May 2023)
- Tracheostomy tubes (Apr 2023)
- Ventilators - airway adapters (May 2023)
- Warming blankets (May 2023)
Drug shortage digest
- Drug shortage digest (5/25/2023)
- Drug shortage digest (5/18/2023)
- Drug shortage digest (5/11/2023)
- Drug shortage digest (5/4/2023)
- COVID-19 vaccine comparison chart
- Pharmacy Market Outlook (latest edition)
- Essential medications quarterly report (Q2 2023)
- Minute Market Insights
- Novaplus Enhanced Supply – pharmacy
- Novaplus Enhanced Supply pharmacy fact sheet
- Rx Novaplus Enhanced Supply Requests (April 2023)
Drug shortage resources
- Drug shortage alerts – available to members of the Vizient Pharmacy program
- Drug shortage resources – resources to help you manage drug shortages
- Drug shortage mitigation strategies - Access Mitigation strategies compiled from Vizient Clinical Council members and reviewed by pharmacists to aid in the handling of ongoing drug shortages
- IV shortages resource guide – information, guidance and best practice strategies to help gain insight on how to manage I.V. drugs and solutions
Stay current on market changes, understand supply access and cost impacts with these pharmacy resources and information.
Do you need supply chain support? Contact us
Access tools and resources to help prepare and sustain operations before, during and after emergency situations.
- Purchased Services Represents Ideal Opportunity to Control Costs, Improve Efficiencies
- Considerations and Best Practices for Building a Successful Hospital Item Master
- Registered Dietitians Boost Patient Outcomes — and Providers' Financial Health
- Third-party Logistics (3PL) Programs Can Drive Supply Assurance, Redundancy for Healthcare Providers
- The Big Picture: How Artwork Positively Impacts the Healthcare Environment
- Top Trends, Technology and Themes from the Radiology Society of North America’s Radiology Conference & Annual Meeting
- Six Methods to Reduce Construction Supply Chain Lead Times
- Building supply chain assurance: Balancing opportunities and recognizing risks
- Supply Chain Lessons: Managing Change is Inherent to Success
- As Supply Chain Disruptions Increase, Vizient Guides Members Using Insights, Access, Enablement and Advocacy
- To Manage Blood Collection Tube Shortage, Conservation Is Key
- Mitigate Supply Shortages Through Strategic Preparation
- Three Factors for Developing a Comprehensive Medical Equipment Strategy
- Physician Preference Cards: How a Small Card Can Lead to Big Savings in The Operating Room
- The Top 8 Must-Haves for More Effective Analytical Reporting Within Category Management
- How to Manage Capital and Construction in an Ever-Changing World
- Revenue Cycle is About More Than Just Cost. It’s About Patient Experience
- Manage and improve clinical supply chain performance
- Making the Most of Healthcare Performance Improvement Efforts
Supply assurance expert insights and news
Akorn Pharmaceuticals closure: read our conclusions, recommendations and mitigation strategies
2022 in Review: Lessons Learned in Supply Assurance Lead to Increased Collaboration, Ingenuity
Transparency Trumpeted as Key to Supply Resiliency
Building supply assurance: balancing opportunities, recognizing risks
Vizient Domestics Sourcing: Year One
How we can help improve your access to essential medications and critical supplies
Supply assurance weekly digestWant to continue receiving weekly supply assurance updates? Update your preferences in our Subscription Manager by selecting Supply Assurance Weekly Digest.
Improving care with additional essential product access
Novaplus Enhanced Supply delivers access to additional inventory of essential medications and products. Our awarded suppliers produce additional supply to mitigate supply chain risk.
Connecting industry leaders to end drug shortages
The End Drug Shortage Alliance is a collaboration of select health systems, leaders in supply chain and other industry stakeholders dedicated to solving pharmaceutical supply challenges.