In the new value-driven health care system, organizations delivering safe, high-quality and efficient care are best positioned to succeed. We have an AHRQ-listed Patient Safety Organization dedicated to accelerating improvements in patient safety outcomes.
- Annual individualized evidence-based practice reports
- Peer collaboration and communication
- Aggregation and analysis of safety event report data
- Support for meeting Affordable Care Act requirements
- Privilege and confidentiality protections for patient safety work product
Perioperative care coordination toolkit
Patients undergoing surgical or invasive procedures are more vulnerable to communication errors occurring during the numerous transitions in care from one provider or clinical setting to another.
With guidance from an expert advisory team, Vizient® has created a toolkit of leading practices based on a Vizient Patient Safety Organization analysis of perioperative care coordination issues identified in safety reports.Learn more
The Vizient Patient Safety Organization (PSO) offers a compelling suite of safety-related tools and insights with leading-practice guidance for patient safety evaluation system documentation, patient safety work product identification and privilege and confidentiality protections and responsibilities. The program features:
- Submission to the Network of Patient Safety Databases
- Custom PSO applications and solutions
- Patient safety insights and leading practices
- The Vizient PSO semi-annual meeting and quarterly PSO user-group meetings
- Quarterly collaborative Safe Table meetings
- Actionable tool kits and evidence-based solutions
- Patient topical webinars
- PSO officer education focused on high reliability practices
Vizient members have exclusive access to additional patient safety resources and information.
Read the guest blog from MedStar Georgetown University Hospital about their Safety Immersion Day and its benefits
Learn how Vizient PSO Huddles are allowing physicians and safety leaders to bring up safety concerns and brainstorm how to address them
Connect with us to learn how to improve patient safety at your organization.