In the new value-driven health care system, organizations delivering safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable care are best positioned to succeed. Vizient offers an AHRQ-listed Patient Safety Organization dedicated to accelerating improvements in patient safety outcomes.
Most of the time, health care in the U.S. is delivered safely and without harm to the patient. However, medicine is a complex field, and humans sometimes make mistakes. Patient safety is the field of expertise that hospitals and other health care organizations use to protect their patients from preventable harm. Strong health care teams stay current with the latest evidence and accreditation standards, reduce complications of care, design systems to prevent mistakes and ensure strong lines of communication between hospital staff, patients and families. Check out the areas below to learn more about how Vizient is partnering with our members to prevent patient harm.
The Vizient Patient Safety Organization (PSO) offers a compelling suite of safety-related tools and insights with leading-practice guidance for improving patient safety, healthcare quality and outcomes, and gaining/maintaining federal privilege and confidentiality protections and responsibilities. The program features:
- AHRQ listed PSO – privilege and confidentiality protections
- Opportunities to share and learn with peers and accelerate improvement through leading practice advisory groups and colleague connections and confidential safe tables with leaders and experts on many safety topics (e.g., medication use, cancer and radiation oncology) or via our PSO listserver
- Robust event reporting and RCA format and taxonomy
- Multidimensional analytic tool and comparative data
- Actionable tool kits and evidence-based solutions
- Individualized evidence-based feedback report with comparative data
- Semi-annual meetings and quarterly PSO power learnings meetings
- Semi-annual case law updates
- High reliability and culture of safety webinars
- Monthly topical safety webinars
- Submission to the Network of Patient Safety Databases
Vizient members have exclusive access to additional patient safety resources and information.
Connect with us to learn how to improve patient safety at your organization.