Where academic medical center leaders exchange ideas and discover solutions
There are no easy answers in health care.
That’s why nearly all of the country’s leading academic medical centers (AMCs) choose to participate in the Vizient University Health System Consortium. It’s the preferred and trusted place for AMC leaders to come together to ask tough questions, share ideas and develop strategies to succeed. Together, leaders like you derive transformative insights and unique value for your institutions.
Vizient Consortium benefits
- Industry-leading peer networking with like-minded AMCs to share knowledge and ideas and collaborate on initiatives that advance health care practices and achieve measurable results
- Participation in highly valued peer networks, list servers and events, including national Vizient conferences
- Members-only web portal access and online tools that provide a clearinghouse of information and value-added resources
- Access to the Vizient Funds Flow Initiative, which provides analytics and benchmarking on, as well as insights into, the funding of an AMC's tripartite mission, which averages more than $110 million per member
- Member CEO participation on the Vizient Consortium CEO Executive Board
- Advocacy efforts on national policy issues that impact member organizations
Coordinating resources to direct high utilizers to more optimal care settings
A participant of the Vizient Consortium Vulnerable Patient Population Network, UK HealthCare sought a solution to reduce frequent emergency department (ED) visits by high utilizers. Within a six-month period, 100 patients had used the ED 50 more times. To counteract the increased usage, they collaborated with community partners and directed individuals to more effective resources.Read more
Partnerships are like marriages. They require time, dedication and understanding. The more time you spend together the more differences in cultural and communication styles become apparent and impactful to the relationship. It is important to be open to other’s opinions and thoughts, while keeping focus on the goals and ultimate outcomes.
Connect with your peers and begin your collaborative performance improvement experience.