Our COVID-19 member resources provide the latest clinical, surgical and pharmacy supply updates, including information from the Vizient Disaster Response team, suppliers, regulatory agencies and industry organizations.
Insights and resources for COVID-19 vaccine development
As COVID-19 vaccine candidates continue to be developed, Vizient® pharmacy and sourcing experts have the latest supplier, distribution and clinical information. The resources are based on industry knowledge, supplier relationships and government communication.Access our Vaccine Resource Center
Surge Demand Calculator
Access actionable intelligence on the anticipated demand of critical services to better manage supplies and resource consumption with our free customizable COVID-19 Surge Demand Calculator.
Recent enhancements reflect new intelligence about the virus. Project inpatient bed, intensive care unit and ventilator demand.
Aligned expertise builds foundational trust to weather disruptions
INTEGRIS Health was able to effectively pivot to meet demands as the COVID-19 outbreak worsened thanks to the foundational work put in place by Micah Parker, vice president of supply chain, and Vizient experts.
Navigate technology used during the COVID-19 pandemic
TechFlash Reports provide a concise summary of the available clinical evidence, with additional discussion on the technology significance, current practice and alternatives, patient selection criteria, financial issues and recommendations.
Developed by our performance management subject matter experts, reports related to technology essential to treating COVID-19 patients are made available to the public. Additional reports are available exclusively to participants of Vizient Member Networks.
- Advancing Team Culture:Workforce Effectiveness During COVID-19 and Beyond
- Clinical workforce well-being playbook: Leading through the COVID-19 crisis and beyond
- Guide for hospitals to federal Opening Up America Again guidelines
- Guidance to the OSHA COVID-19 Interim Enforcement Response Plan
- COVID-19 supply projections: Planning for reduction, reuse and reprocessing
- Strategic National Stockpile: State-by-state resource
- Pharmacy Field Hospital Toolkit
- Evaluation of COVID-19 Emergency Blanket Waivers for healthcare providers
- Minimum required nursing documentation
- Hospital Alternative Care Sites for Inpatient Surge Capacity Algorithm
- COVID-19 Continuous Patient Readiness Plan: Disaster Preparedness
- Pharmacy Practice Considerations
- COVID-19 emergency coding information
- COVID-19 Guidance for Converting ASCs to Hospitals
- COVID-19 FAQ: N95 Mask Reprocessing for ASP and Steris
- Guidance for Resumption and Management of Electively Scheduled Surgery and Procedures in the COVID-19 Era
Vizient has published clinical resources to provide information and increase public health awareness about COVID-19. Current information is disseminated from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Vizient Clinical Resource Guide: COVID-19
- Vizient Clinical Resource Guide: Face masks and filtering facepiece respirators
- Vizient Clinical Resource Guide: Decontamination methods for filtering facepiece respirators
- Vizient Clinical Resource Guide: Personal Protective Equipment EUA Updates
- Vizient Clinical Resource Guide: Guide to isolation and surgical gown selection
- Vizient Clinical Resource Guide: Nonwoven Fabric PPE Guide
- Vizient Clinical Resource Guide: Hand sanitizers FDA recall
The Vizient Pediatric Tech Watch delivers information on novel pediatric technologies, devices and pharmaceuticals. This issue covers a variety of topics, such as:
- Lung protective technologies for the O.R.
- Virtual reality for pediatric cardiology
- Effects of COVID-19 on children and pregnant women
Vizient is committed to ongoing research of Vizient members’ emerging practices and other related updates to federal and regulatory guidelines in support of efforts to combat the COVID-19 pandemic. As new information surfaces, updates will be provided.
The CDC has recommended strategies for hospitals to optimize their supply of N95 masks stratified by the severity of their shortage. Read more about it in the Emerging Practice Summary: Reprocessing of N95 masks during severe shortages.
The COVID-19 Pandemic Compendium includes a collection of emerging practices and guide for resiliency.Read the compendium
Learn about the Novaplus Enhanced Supply Program to improve supply resiliency.