In the new value-driven health care system, organizations delivering safe, high-quality and efficient care are best positioned to succeed. We have an AHRQ-listed Patient Safety Organization dedicated to accelerating improvements in patient safety outcomes.
- Annual individualized evidence-based practice reports
- Peer collaboration and communication
- Aggregation and analysis of safety event report data
- Support for meeting Affordable Care Act requirements
- Privilege and confidentiality protections for patient safety work product
The Vizient Patient Safety Organization (PSO) offers a compelling suite of safety-related tools and insights with leading-practice guidance for patient safety evaluation system documentation, patient safety work product identification and privilege and confidentiality protections and responsibilities. The program features:
- Submission to the Network of Patient Safety Databases
- Custom PSO applications and solutions
- Patient safety insights and leading practices
- The Vizient PSO semi-annual meeting and quarterly PSO user-group meetings
- Quarterly collaborative Safe Table meetings
- Actionable tool kits and evidence-based solutions
- Patient topical webinars
- PSO officer education focused on high reliability practices
Members-only patient safety information
Vizient members can access additional patient safety resources on our secure pages.
Five steps to identifying data eligible to be PSWP
Learn how PSO membership benefits your organization and drives collaboration
Connect with us to learn how we can help drive your health care improvement opportunities.