Forecasts and insights to guide your planning
Welcome to the Winter 2021 issue of the newly renamed Vizient® Pharmacy Market Outlook (formerly the Drug Price Forecast), delivering drug price projections and insights.
In this issue:
- Strategic role of pharmacy since the COVID-19 on medication use and financial outcomes based on care settings
- Drug price projections over the next 6-18 months
- A review of regulatory events and policy changes
- Insights from Vizient members on the management of COVID-19 vaccines
Preview of insights
- Adalimumab continues to drive increases in both price and usage. Spend for adalimumab in the U.S. exceeded $24 billion for 2020, and no biosimilar competition is likely until 2023.
- The specialty drug inflation rate is much higher than the predicted overall rate of 2.67%, so budgeting for specialty products will be especially important in the next 18 months.
- Oncology drugs continue to dominate drug spend, accounting for 24.67% of member spend.
Learn how our pharmacy experts can help guide your recovery and planning