April 17 opioid stewardship webinar
Jim Lichauer, pharmacist and Vizient Performance Improvement Collaborative project manager, represents Vizient on the National Quality Foundation’s Opioid Stewardship Action Team, which works to develop strategies for addressing the opioid crisis. This webinar will review the fundamental components of opioid stewardship detailed in a recently published NQF playbook and share leading practices from physicians for implementing these components.Register now!
In the fall of 2016 Vizient issued a call for change to help reduce opioid misuse and addiction. We realize that while opioids alleviate pain, the misuse of these substances is resulting in unprecedented death and hardship. By collaborating with our members and industry experts, we believe together we can change the face of opioid addiction for the better in America. We are delighted you are interested in joining our multi-pronged effort and look forward to providing additional information to you based on your area of interest.
We invite our members to drive change across America by working together to:
- Reduce opioid abuse, misuse, addiction and overdose
- Advocate for increased and expanded opioid-use awareness as well as increased substance abuse services
- Safely meet the needs of patients experiencing pain.
- Opioid Resource Compendium
- Survey results from kick-off campaign call regarding member's interest and needs
- The Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act Summary
- Partnership for Patients: Strategies to Decrease Harm from Opiates
- The 2016-2017 Adverse Drug Event Collaborative focused on prescribing opioid for chronic pain. Performance Improvement Collaborative program members can access resources from the knowledge transfer.
- Nurse Residency Program curriculum chapters about pain management and medication safety are available to NRP members - For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information or inquiries about the Vizient opioid resources, please feel comfortable contacting Jodi Eisenberg, Senior Director, Accreditation Program at (312) 775-4426 or email@example.com.
How UK HealthCare is addressing the opioid crisis
Phillip Chang, MD, chief medical officer at UK HealthCare discusses how the academic medical center is helping doctors there tackle the crisis by educating patients on treatments that will help manage pain and reduce the potential for opioid misuse. UK HealthCare is a member of the Vizient Opioid Stewardship Collaborative.