Wednesday, June 13, 2018
11:30 am CT
Supply Chain Leadership Series
Vizient® offers a Supply Chain Leadership continuing education webcast series, where you will hear industry experts and your peers discuss the latest supply chain management issues, trends and leading practices. Other topics include building collaborative relationships with organizational stakeholders, implementing innovative supply chain management processes and negotiating effective contracts and agreements.
Part 6: Unleashing the Pent-Up Potential: A Pharmacy-Supply Chain Partnership
With drug shortages, rising drug prices and a changing 340B landscape, the pharmacy's role in helping the hospital achieve its cost-reduction targets has never been greater. Denver Health tackled this challenge by pairing pharmacy's clinical expertise with supply chain's inventory management knowledge to forge a powerful, yet unorthodox coalition. The team used a combination of Lean principles and point-of-use (POU) inventory optimization software to right-size the pharmaceutical inventory in POU devices, drug carousel and bulk stores. The result will ultimately cut inventory in half, minimize expired medication waste and streamline the pharmacy supply chain.
- Stewart Layhe, Interim Director of Supply Chain, Denver Health
- Josh Schwiesow, PharmD, MBA, BCPS, Pharmacy Business Services Manager, Denver Health
- Mike Duke, CMRP, Senior Director, Member Networks, Vizient
- Discuss a strategy where supply chain and pharmacy work collaboratively to identify clear, actionable opportunities to improve efficiency and realize tangible cost savings
- Describe how to apply the science to any organization's medication supply chain resulting in optimized inventory levels, minimized inventory shrinkage and efficient inventory control processes