Wednesday, September 5, 2018
11:30 a.m. CT
Unique Device Identification
Following the opening of a new 100,000-square-foot service center, Froedtert Health faced two, overlapping challenges: the need to free up warehouse slots and to deliver on a cost savings goal of $800,000. Purchasing and value analysis leaders tapped into the organization’s Value-Based Care Initiative Committees to gain the necessary executive and clinical support. During this session, viewers will hear how Froedtert achieved their savings goal, eliminated more than 300 items through product standardization — and most importantly, built relationships with clinical representatives that led to success of their savings initiative.
- Charles Jensen, MBA, Director of Purchasing, Froedtert Health
- Mike Duke, CMRP, Senior Director, Member Networks, Vizient
- Describe key components of efforts to achieve product standardization, implementation and maintaining the results
- Discuss the challenges faced in preparing for the review/approval process
- Outline steps taken to ensure benefits achieved will be maintained
About the Supply Chain Leadership Series
The supply chain environment is continually evolving. To achieve excellence in supply chain management, supply chain leaders and hospital executives need access to education, tools and resources.
Vizient® is offering a Supply Chain Leadership continuing education webcast series, where you will hear industry experts and your peers discuss the latest supply chain management issues, trends and leading practices. Other topics include building collaborative relationships with organizational stakeholders, implementing innovative supply chain management processes and negotiating effective contracts and agreements.