Tuesday, May 1, 2018
11 a.m. CT
Addressing challenges in ambulatory care through collaboration
Nicole Spatafora, MS-HSM, Director Programs, PI Collaboratives, Vizient
Will Dardani, MBA, Director, AMC Networks, Vizient
In the last decade, health care has experienced a major shift from volume to value. As patient outcomes continue to play a large part in reimbursement and patients settle into the role of informed consumer, one thing is clear: all stakeholders want stellar health care quality. To be successful, health care organizations need a holistic approach to change and integrate improvements in operational effectiveness, quality outcomes, patient safety, patient satisfaction and more.
This program will provide key insights from Vizient members who are leveraging care coordination strategies and technology to improve ambulatory care quality.
- Genesis Healthcare System will share key takeaways from successful strategies they have leveraged to develop consistent and effective practices for transitioning patients from the acute care setting to the ambulatory setting to improve health care outcomes and reduce readmissions and ED visits.
- IU Health will describe their journey to improve ambulatory quality metrics by utilizing a technology platform, which shows real time quality metrics to team members in their workflow when they are seeing patients, serving as a registry to facilitate outreach to close gaps in care and to provide feedback to providers via a quality scorecard.
- Examine collaborative strategies to improve care coordination across an episode of care
- Learn about programs implemented to reduce readmissions and ED utilization
- Review leading practices and processes from ambulatory care providers using technology across the care continuum