Reducing opioid adverse drug events
In our latest webcast, Vizient™ gives a review of the recent collaborative that focused on reducing adverse drug events resulting from the misuse of opioids. View the webcast to learn about the causes and impact of opioid abuse, how to better prescribe and manage opioids, and ultimately reduce adverse drug events. This webcast also features UC Davis Medical Center staff who describe their efforts to reduce opioid abuse.View the webcast
Last fall Vizient issued a call for change to help reduce opioid misuse and addiction. We realize that while opioids alleviate pain, the misuse of these substances is resulting in unprecedented death and hardship. By collaborating with our members and industry experts, we believe together we can change the face of opioid addiction for the better in America. We are delighted you are interested in joining our multi-pronged effort and look forward to providing additional information to you based on your area of interest.
We invite our members to drive change across America by working together to:
- Reduce opioid abuse, misuse, addiction and overdose
- Advocate for increased and expanded opioid-use awareness as well as increased substance abuse services
- Safely meet the needs of patients experiencing pain.
|Fall 2017||Knowledge Transfer Session – Performance Improvement Collaborative on Opioid Use (only available to PI Collaborative participants)|
- Opioid Resource Compendium
- Survey results from kick-off campaign call regarding member's interest and needs
- The Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act Summary
- Partnership for Patients: Strategies to Decrease Harm from Opiates
- The 2016-2017 Adverse Drug Event Collaborative focused on prescribing opioid for chronic pain. Performance Improvement Collaborative program members can access resources from the knowledge transfer.
- Nurse Residency Program curriculum chapters about pain management and medication safety are available to NRP members - For more information, contact email@example.com
|November 29, 2017||HIIN Community Knowledge Network Webcast: Promising Hospital Practices and Changing the Preoperative Pain Conversation|
|November 1, 2017||HIIN Community Knowledge Network Webinar: Stories of Recovery and Connecting the Community|
|October 25, 2017||Performance Improvement Webcast: Reducing Opioid Adverse Drug Events|
|October 25, 2017||Webinar: Opioid Safety (only available to PSO members)|
|October 18, 2017||Pharmacy Webinar: Do No Harm! Team Approach to Reduce Opioid Reversals|
|October 18, 2017||HIIN Community Knowledge Network Webinar: A Policy Primer|
|June 19, 2017||Webinar: Recognition of Pain and Provider Practices Across the Continuum|
|May 8, 2017||Webinar: Pain Management Alternatives|
|August 16, 2016||Drive to reduce opioid misuse and addiction: The case for change regarding opioid stewardship|
|August 25, 2016||Drive to reduce opioid misuse and addiction: Member Opioid Journeys|
|September 6, 2016||Drive to reduce opioid misuse and addiction: Expert Panel|
For additional information or inquiries about the Vizient opioid resources, please feel comfortable contacting Jodi Eisenberg, Senior Director, Accreditation Program at (312) 775-4426 or firstname.lastname@example.org.